CHECK OUT OUR OTHER PAGES

Thursday, August 29, 2013

TRANSITIONING IDEAS AND PROTECTIVE STYLES (NATURAL HAIR)

Protective Hair Styles 


I have decided to go back natural with much protest and deliberation. I got tired of not being able to scratch my itching scalp due to the obstruction of weave tracks, go to the beach and just jump in the water head first without worry. Not to mention every perm I got just made my hair thinner, drier and more brittle. So I decided to grow my hair out a few inches before doing the BIG CHOP! 



Weave

(Fashion Peleau does not own this photo)
Weave is a good protective style as long as you remember to take care of your hair underneath it. Most of us forget or are just plain lazy to add moisture and nourishment to our hair. (Like myself lol) It's just too hard to get to the roots! But lets face it, we all love a good weave whether it be full head, track extensions or partial sew ins.

Wigs


I wasn't always fond of wigs until I realized that you could take it off to treat your hair regularly without having the trouble of undoing and redoing tracks. Not to mention you get the same effect as a sew in.
 I started doing hair masks every other week to help promote healthy hair growth. Usually, I would mix foods like banana, honey, eggs and sometimes avocado or aloe into my hair conditioner which help to give it luster, repair breakage and assist in fast growth.

Marley Braids



 Marley braids were a great option for me because I could access my scalp easily and also enjoy the full effect of a Remi Virgin weave without the itch factor or the headache of having to flat iron or curl everyday. *Talk about exhausting*




 It was also close to my hair texture (which is very course) so I didn't have to worry about my edges either. I did micro-braids to make it look more natural and made it long and thick for that fabulosity effect. Lol


 I get bored with hair and hairstyles quickly so I always end up changing or switching it up. Leaving the ends out gave me more options to work with. So I could do different styles without getting bored easily.

 Senegalese or Havanna Twists with Kanekolon and Marley Braids






I am in love with Senegalese twists! Mostly because it makes me look mature and not like I'm twelve. This style can be worn for as long as two to three weeks before getting horribly messy.


With Marley Braids

Twists with yarn (This photo does not belong to Fashion Peleau)


 (This photo does not belong to Fashion Peleau)

Box Braids


I am not a fan of box braids. I like it on other people but for myself it just doesn't work. The trend in box braids for 2013 summer has been doing them extremely long. (Below the waist if you dare)



It looks very appealing but keep in mind because of the length it tends to get uncomfortable and cumbersome, so you might want to use less hair. However, Solange and her sister Beyonce has been putting this trend to werk hunny!!!





Yarn Locks or Yarn Wraps


This is done by using...yup... Yarn or wool. The technique is fairly easy, all you need is a butt load of patience if you plan on doing it yourself.




Nice and Low




After the big chop there's always room to go crazy with colors and designs since there's noting to lose...it's already gone! lol



 Some people have the perfect shaped head to rock a low cut hairstyle. However, I was not blessed to be one of them. LOL I'll stick to my wigs till I get some more length.



Cork Screw Braids and Cork Screw (Bantu Knots)



Who ever knew that this...



Could result in this...


Crochet Braids

This photo does not belong to Fashion Peleau

Of all the protective styles I like crochet braids the best. Your hair is first done in cornrows then each piece of hair is fastened to the braid to give the effect of natural growth. You could itch, tug, wet, shake and go because this is as close as it gets to your natural hair. You don't need glue, you don't have to worry about it coming out or your edges. It just does it for me. Love this technique!

This photo does not belong to Fashion Peleau



Encouragement

So ladies as we go through our natural hair journey at times it can be difficult but we just have to remember the long term results to keep on pushing. =] 


Started from the bottom...now we hair (here) lol















This photo does not belong to Fashion Peleau





This photo does not belong to Fashion Peleau





AJAY

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice blog and Thanks for describing useful information about effective solution for hair loss. Hair Transplantation cost in Bangalore| Best Hair Transplant in Bangalore|Cost of Hair Transplant in Bangalore

Unknown said...

This post shares some good quality content I want to know from where do you get all this information. And thanks for sharing it here.
Gmail Contact Number